The Fix Is In – Projects That Make It, marketing consulting startups, high growth companies
Often an opportunity comes up where a business that is in seed stage or Series A or B funded needs help with brand positioning, messaging, marketing strategy, UX, press outreach or even creating the first consumer or trade advertising. They are under intense pressure (with funding comes increased growth expectations) to prove the business model, demonstrate efficient growth, launch a product, increase the user base, lower cost per acquisition, increase revenue, generate press mentions and build credibility. They need to raise the brand’s profile to become the category leader during a rapid growth period.
The company often does not yet have a big budget or time to hire a full-time senior marketing team or agencies but needs help right now. Depending on the project, category, budget, and team I can help address these on a limited engagement bases. I immerse with the team for a set amount of time based on an agreed Scope Of Work and a set timeframe and goals that will achieve the marketing objective.
I also often work with more established companies that need similar project help but want me to augment an existing marketing team for a specific goal.
The company gets exactly what they need, quickly, to meet the immediate marketing objectives and growth goals and also gets a solid foundation and playbook on which to further build as they add more full-time marketing resources.
Marketing consulting projects usually include a mix of:
- Brand Architecture – Define a brand’s category opportunity, language and look.
- Brand Positioning – Create an emotional ‘sweet spot’ for a brand that is ownable, defendable, compelling and interruptive that allows you to connect with potential customers and convert into users while building national brand awareness.
- Value Proposition – Create a compelling value proposition from the brand positioning that clearly articulates your brand’s attributes, allowing you to build consumer and sales messaging and advertising.
- Tagline – Translate the value proposition into a powerful tagline that captures the imagination of prospects and customers, builds awareness and generates a brand story.
- Creation of Compelling Offline Advertising – Create messaging from compelling insights leading to the creation of memorable offline advertising that is built around the brand and that breaks through everyday noise and clutter.
- Digital Performance Marketing – Produce targeted and measurable digital marketing that is optimized against a specific CPA and LTV to help increase acquisition growth and revenue efficiently.
- Offline Media Strategy And Buying – Where and how to buy offline media, at what levels, and how to target buys, produce advertising and measure success.
- Online and Mobile Media Where and how to buy online and mobile advertising in a fast paced and changing landscape that is tailored to the right target audience and how to track ROI for those buys.
- Website Design and Navigation – How to build better UX (user experience) to increase time on site, conversions and engagement while building brand awareness and sales.
- Search Engine Marketing – How to efficiently buy search engine keywords on Google and other search sites that capture prospects and send them to your website.
- Search Engine Optimization – Website optimization and the creation of original content using white hat techniques to maximize indexing by Google and major search engines that improve organic search ranking and increase organic users.
- Social Media – Leverage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snap and other emerging social media to build the brand, conversion, and sharing, leading to increased awareness, credibility, new user growth and revenue.
- Owned Marketing – Develop low-cost Owned written and video programs that build original content, online reputation, and credibility, leading to more recommendations, new users and revenue.
- Email Marketing – Develop an email and CRM program that welcomes new users, nurtures them and increases engagement, referrals, and brand awareness.
- Earned Marketing – Create and leverage Earned PR and communications to proactively increase thought leadership, organic brand awareness, new users, and revenue.
- Sales Leads – Develop targeted and measurable marketing programs that generate qualified leads for the sales team to pitch, close and generate incremental revenue.
- Presentations and Sales Material – Interpret value proposition, custom research, and metrics to create differentiating and compelling internal presentations and external sales pitches.
I have Established relationships with leading designers, programmers, writers, ad agencies, media buyers and other marketing resources to partner with as needed.